Monday, July 22, 2013

Proceed and Progress

Hey everyone, this is kind of a random post, but this blog is for my thoughts of all kind, so I'm going to let it out on here.

Earlier I was taking some pictures to show a friend that I do have extra skin what else should I expect for losing 60+ pounds in 6 months that I need to work on. So I texted her these



I'm so extremely self conscious about my body when my tummy get's exposed. It must just be a fat girl thing. I've never liked my tummy out there for the world to see. But I do have to admit I'm feeling pretty proud of this body. I have worked my ass off to get to this point, I have sweated, wheezed and laid in the middle of the road. All of that has helped shaped the body that I'm looking at in these pictures. The more that I stared at these pictures the more comfortable I'm becoming with the reflection.

Anyways, I texted her these pictures and we talked about my body and so on and she asked me what my tattoo said.

It says "Make Jokes, No Stress. Live, Love, Life. Proceed ~ Progress" 

I got this as a 19th Birthday present to myself, it hurt like hell, I felt like a turkey getting carved up on Thanksgiving it only took 15 minutes but DAMN. But I choose the quote because I had always loved it as a personal motto. When I was bigger, I didn't look at it because in all reality mirrors broke at the sight of my reflection I avoided mirrors and kept my clothes on to keep from scaring my husband for life.
I had forgotten about the motto and the way of thinking I had when I got it. I guess you could say I forgot a little part of myself along the way.

I thought about it long and hard, what the motto means to me and how I can use it to bring some de-stressing into my life.

After I reflected, I realized I need to take life a little less serious all the time, have more fun not that I have a bahumbug attitude . We are so focused on making a paycheck, paying bills and saving money so we can move to Washington, that I think we really do forget to have a little fun. We sound so old, we are only 21 and 24 but we take full responsibility of everything and know what are priorities have to be.

It really sucks being an adult somedays. I've been living on my own since a few weeks after high school graduation. I'm not a stranger too this life, but so many days I want to run home to my parents and go back to that. When bills were minimal, groceries were bought and working part time was all I had to do. The hubs and I are SO CLOSE, SOOO DAMN CLOSE I CAN TASTE IT, to being debt free. Yeah thats our goal, to have ZERO debt before we move to a new state and half way across the country and work on buying our first house. By zero debt I mean no loans, no credit cards, no financial aid, no student loans, not a single luxury, like Robinson Caruso as primitive as can be. Thats why we both are working ourselves so hard just to get to ground zero.

Some where along the way I forgot to live a little, love a little more and enjoy life. I need to remember to enjoy the small things, cherish my loved ones because someday things I wish I would of done now, won't even be an option then. I need to proceed on with life and stop putting so damn much focus on the little things. Life is a constant progression, things go up and go down but always life goes on.

I needed this today, I needed a reality check, I'd been in a funk, this was a welcome opportunity to reflect on life. 
Ommmmm Ommmmm, Ommmmm

Ahh I feel better now :D

I hope you all will take a second and think about your life right now too.

Is what your stressing about really that bad?
Aren't there plenty of good things going on that out weight the bad?

As I wrap up my random ramblings, remember...

Make jokes, no stress
Live Love Life
Proceed ~ Progress.

Do you have a personal motto?


Have a great day ya'll!
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment