Thursday, December 5, 2013

Carb Cycling Sample Meals

First off, let me say, DANG i'm on a roll today! This is post TWO today, 

Yeah I'm just that awesome.

Now for the topic at hand, Carb Cycling Menu's

I have been asked quite a bit about what I am eating on my Carb Cycling plan.  So let me get it all out here for ya.

Well First let me break each part down:

Low Carb days (around 1200 Calories)
Breakfast: Protein/Carb/Veggie
Snack: Protein/Fat
Lunch: Protein/Fat/Veggie
Snack: Protein/Fat
Dinner: Protein/Fat/Veggie

High Carb Days (around 1500 calories)
Breakfast: Protein/Carb/Veggie
Snack: Protein/Carb
Lunch: Protein/Carb/Veggie
Snack: Protein/Carb
Dinner: Protein/Carb/Veggie

Then God created the 7th day and declared that Cheat Day (2200-2500 Calories)



Low Carb Day(1180 cals) 
Breakfast: Better Oats Oat Revolution Very Berry & 2 Hard boiled Eggs

Snack: 1 Scoop Protein powder and a 100 calorie pack of natural almonds

Lunch: 5oz Chicken breast, 85 grams aspargus, 1 Happy farms cheese wedge

Snack: Strawberry Cheesecake Quest Bar

Dinner: 4oz Chicken, 2.5 cups Cauliflower, 1 Slice fat free swiss cheese


High Carb Day(1364 cals)
Breakfast: Better Oats Oat Revolution Very Berry, 2 Slices Turkey Bacon, 1 Medium banana (mixed into oats) 1 slice of 45 calorie Multi Grain Bread

Snack: Special K Cracker Chips 90 Cal pack & 2 Happy Farms Cheese Wedge

Lunch: 3/4 Cup Brown Rice, 4 oz Turkey smoked sausage, 85 grams Asparagus, 17 grams Bell pepper

Snack: 9TBSPS egg whites and 1 Granny smith apple

Dinner: Advocare Meal Replacement shake, 1/2 scoop protein powder, 2 TBSPs PB2 


Cheat Day(2,240 cals)
Breakfast: 2 Slices 45 calorie multi grain bread, 2 slices turkey bacon, 3 scrambled eggs with 1 slice swiss cheese.

Snack: Banana, 32 grams Justins Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Spread and 1 loft house Sugar cookie

Lunch: Chicken Bacon and Cheese Sandwich ( 2 slices 45 cal bread, 2 pieces turkey bacon, 1 slice swiss cheese) 17 Quaker Popped Salsa Fesca Chips with 2TBSPS Garlic Hummus

Snack: 1 Chocolate chip cookie dough bar, 2tbsps PB2 and 1 loft house sugar cookie

Dinner: Tortilla Pizza ( 1 tortilla, 1/2 cup marinara, 17 slices turkey pepperoni and 2 slices swiss cheese) 1 -3 musketeer candy bar

Now so far I'm on day 10 and I have lost 1.5 lbs so far. I follow the Turbo Cycle Plan by Chris Powell and his food recommendations, you can find all that info on his site.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask away!

-J




5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this breakdown…took me forever to find one that made sense ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this! I've been trying to find something as well and this totally makes sense. I'm at a plateau and I'm looking for something to push me over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! This really helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How often did you workout and on which days did you workout High or Low days?

    ReplyDelete
  5. During the Carb cycling Program are there cheat days? Is alcohol allowed once a week?

    ReplyDelete