Friday, September 13, 2013

Ignoring the haters and Finding Positivity

I've had this post bouncing around in my head lately but wasn't exactly sure how I wanted it to come out, so bare with me, and hang out cause here we go.





I try to be extremely real and honest on here and some people take me as putting on a fake persona. I'm not a fake, I just really try to have a positive out look and spin things to the sunny side... it's hard but it's just how I've always been. Yes I bitch and moan, but for the most part I try to find the good in any situation. Some take that as being a 'fake' but It's me take me how you want but I'm not changing for anyone, sorry not sorry.

Life is literally like a game. No matter how many times you see it play out or read the 'rules' something can happen that can alter the ending, taking a wrong turn in candy cane forrest, not passing go and collecting 250 dollars, drawing the triplets life tile, having one card left and then getting hit with the draw 4 card. Things happen that are good or bad and we have to react to them. 
It's hard.
 It's not always fun but as cliche as it sounds.
That's life. 
( I have to remind myself of this all the time too) 

Life really is what you make it, you have the power to have a good day or a shitty one. You also have to power to improve someones day or shit on it. Don't be the shitter-on-er. No one like's a Debbie Downer. Life is 20% situations and 80% how you react. 
How do you react? 
Do you look for the good or focus on the bad?

Especially now that I've lost so much weight and altered my lifestyle, I've came upon all new types of people, the encouraging ones and the haters. The haters are the ones that are just jealous of your success. They don't have the power or the strength to change their situation so instead of bettering themselves they have to drag you down and make you feel bad so that you feel like your success isn't as good as it is that way they can feel better about themselves. 

Which is sad.

I'm not gonna lie, I've sat around and complained and whined about how I wish I had that car like so and so or those shoes or that job or that house or that what-cha-ma-call-it (any one remember that candy bar???) but afterwards I kick myself for it.

Yeah it would be nice to have those things but I don't NEED them and I don't know what other peoples life is like. I just need to be content with myself and my life and what I've done for myself.


I had a weird moment the other day at Walmart, it actually almost brought me to tears. I had just finished a workout and was wearing my spandex and a tee shirt, not trying to look impressive I just needed a new cable for my tv and I just stopped at Walmart on the way home. There were two bigger girls walking around just having a good time and I'm trying to decide on the super cheap cord or the cheap one...(Cheap one) and I hear them talking about me and see the pointing about how I "need to eat more" "it's pathetic how I look" "I had no boobs" and they just went on with all these remarks and gawd it hurt. It hurt because they didn't know my struggle. They didn't know that I'd lost almost 70lbs, that I workout every day and watch what I eat. That I have sweated, cried and shed blood to get to this point. That I used to hide how much I ate, that I never left the house with out being covered in sweats and hoodies to hide my body. They didn't know me, they were to busy hating on me and my body because they just assumed I had always looked like this. They were jealous and thats the only conclusion I could come to after racking my brain.


Weightloss has changed the way people look at me, people that know me either recognize me and do a double take and congratulate me or they stare and whisper and scowl. The negatives hurt but I have to remind my self that I did this for me and not for them. So why should it matter what every tom dick and harry think about me? 
IT DOESN'T.

And thats true for every aspect of life.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of you as long as you are proud to know you. Be the person that you would want to be friends with. Be proud, be kind, be grateful, be helpful, be loving, be positive. Its hard. Sometimes its easier to be ungrateful and be harsh but dang it, all that does is make you look bad and ugly on the inside. You don't want to be that way, You want to feel good and hold your head up high. So remove the negativity from your life and add one little positive action into your life daily. Before long you will have an easier time ignoring the haters and finding true happiness. You'll have bad days but most importantly your good days will out weigh the bad!

"May your neighbors respect you, trouble neglect you, angels protect you and heaven accept you" - Drake

Keep that in mind today. I challenge each and everyone one of you to do something extra today to either bring positivity into your life or someone else's.


I hope you all got the just of where I was going with this, I kinda just let the words flow as they came. 

Have a FABULOUS and POSITIVE Friday and enjoy the weekends!

-J

1 comment:

  1. Of course I remember those candy bars...they were so good! Also, thank you for this post. It was just what I needed today. I've had a rough morning/afternoon and this post has changed my mood. I love the last quote...it's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete