Friday, August 23, 2013

Your Questions Answered and 5 on Friday Link Up

TGIF!!!

gonna get down on friday..

I put it out there that you could ask me anything you wanted and you asked, now I'll answer.

Boom

Ask and you shall receive! Haha.



How many days a week do you work out?
-At least 6. Usually 7. I always tell myself I'll take a rest day, but then I get bored and feel like doing something, so before long I've ran a few miles or I'm sprawled out on the living room floor doing crunches. I can't help it, I'm addicted...

What do typical workouts look like?
-I alternate days with running and walking. I also do some sort of full body circuit that I can do at home for 30 to 60 minutes and a little yoga for a good stretch. I throw in some crossfit every few days too. For more details GO HERE.

Do you go to a gym?
- Only if I'm at a hotel, but 98% of the time I work out at home. I'd like to join a gym someday when I one's available to me.

How do you go out to eat and stay on the right track?
-I drink a glass of water before my meal, I look up the nutritional values on line if I can, I order grilled chicken or with out bread, get steamed veggies, add hot sauce. I always get the condiments/dressings on the side and I eat slowly so I know when to stop. I do indulge though, like mexican food. YUM. I just get fajita with out the tortillas or I order a side of lettuce and use that as my base!

How long did it take for your stomach to compress?
- I lost a lot of weight in my stomach right from the beginning, but I really noticed a big slim down after 4 or 5 months. Thats when clothes started not fitting or fitting better with out a big belly bulge. Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred REALLY helped a lot with that.

Specific workouts?
- Running, Jillian Michael's 30 day shred or any of these:










Cardio Vs Strength?
-Both, I think a good workout should hit both categories so you get your heart rate up and build muscle while burning fat. Thats why I really love crossfit.

How long do your workouts take?
- I do 10 minutes of something/anything when I wake up to jumpstart the day. Then I do 15-30 minutes of running or walking after work or in the evening. Followed by about an hour of full body circuits of some sort. And If I'm really sore 5-10 minutes of yoga.

Favorite cheat meal?
-Frozen yogurt, hands freaking down. I love fro yo and the toppings. If you want to be my best friend, you'll take me on a fro yo date.

How did you start, like from day one?
- Once I knew I wanted to change, I began researching like crazy about lifestyle changes and fitness plans, NOT diets. I took a trash bag and went through all my cabinets and fridge and freezer and threw away any and all foods or drinks that would be hindering to my progress. I downloaded the couch to 5k app (C25K by Zen Labs) and began running on the treadmill three-four times a week. I started doing sit ups and leg raises and small hand weight exercises while I watched tv. I cut out pop and began drinking water all the time. I continued to research to find new things to incorporate. I started taking fish oil and probiotics. I stopped buying pre made meals and started buying fresh foods and taking making time to do food prep.

What's a good yoga workout?
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgZ2CC7nfws
 or any video of Tara Stiles on the Yoga Solution go HERE

Does your husband workout with you?
-Sometimes, he'll go for runs or walks with me and do some ab workouts.

Does your husband eat the healthy food or do you cook two separate meals?
-We eat the same, I only cook two separate things, when one of us is sick or not very hungry.

Are your friends and family supportive of you?
-My family, EXTREMELY. Friends, they really don't care I guess, but I;m making there jaws drop constantly...

Favorite workout gear?
-Nike shorts and just a tshirt or tank tops.

Do you count calories?
-Yes and no. Im aware of how many calories are in something or I'm consuming but I'm not writing it down.

Tummy tuck or any other surgeries you want?
-Not right off I want to see what I can do before I opt for that adventure, possibly a tummy tuck some day, I have some excess skin I'm not a fan of. But I hope to tone it up.

WHEW.

Now if you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!! I'll answer!

Now for some 5 on Friday Lovin'...

Linkin' up with the amazing,  Darci at The Good LIfe Blog



Today my 5 are what I'm looking forward to most about Fall

1. Sweaters, love the fluffy warm feeling of a sweater.

2. Windows being left open to let cool breezes into the house.

3. My birthday, October 3rd, I love my birthday, who doesn't!?!?!

4. Pumpkin Spice lattes at Starbucks...yummy...oooooh good lawdddy child.

5. Carving Pumpkins and roasting the seeds. I'm a child at heart I can't help it. I'll always love halloween.



What's your favorite thing about fall?

Have a fabulous friday!

-J








No comments:

Post a Comment