Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Bombshell Tuesday Feature//August Birchbox and the Ipsy Battle

Happy Tuesday!!

So I want to start off with this: I "met" Precious through a link up and, boy oh boy is she awesome. She has lost over a 100lbs and is looking FABULOUS!! She keeps it real and eats real foods. So I was more than HONORED when she approched me to do an interview to be featured on her blog as a Bombshell! To read all about it, hop over to her blog The Coily Bombshell  or click HERE.

Now to the box vs. bag battle.

DUN DUN DUH!

Since March I've been a subscriber to Birchbox. This is my August box, to see previous boxes go HERE.




This month I got:

Coastal Scents Eye Shadow- 
I really like the icy neutral color. I'm not big on bright pink or bright blue eye shadows, I'm a natural /metallic kinda gal for the most part! But the shadow its self does wear awesomely! 

Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper Serum-
Contrary to popular belief, I've got some crazy naturally curly hair. Im not talking afro, I'm talking like lions mane, big and unruly. This stuff is pretty awesome. Putting in just a tiny bit of my hair after towel drying it, really helped keep everything in check and cut the frizziness down. With any oil based serum, remember, a LITTLE goes a LONG WAY.

Dr. Jart+ BB Cream with SPF 45-
I LOVE BB CREAM. I really do. It has taken the place of regular foundations and coverups in my makeup drawer FOREVER. It is so light, blend-able and breathable, its almost to good to be true. I hate heavy make up and the feeling of pancake face. And BONUS its got SPF, any make up with an SPF is a winner in my book. Ladies tend to forget how important an SPF on their face is when wearing makeup. Its crucial to help prevent sun damage and even wrinkles.

Whish Exfoliating Body Wash, Coconut Scent-
On my days off with out the hubby, I always treat myself to a bubble bath and exfoliate my skin from head to toe. It was luxurious to use this one ! It smelt soooo yummy and it did exactly what it was supposed to, knocked off all my dead rough skin and left me glowing and silky smooth.

Whish Deodorant Swipe-
These are also supposed to inhibit hair from growing back as much, but because I wax my armpits, the hair growth is already inhibited. So I was unable to tell anything in that area,  but it worked great as a deodorant. These would be great to throw in your purse or gym bags for long days or unexpected sweaty situations!


So here's the thing, it's not that I haven't enjoyed my Birchboxes, but It seems to be the same product type each time, just a new brand. And all the products seem to be super expensive and birchbox exclusives, so you have to get them through their site and again, the full size on these are pretty pricey. 

I've heard a lot about Ipsy Bags and I finally decided to look into it.

Well its official, 
I'm on the waiting list to get a Ipsy Bag and I'm going to cancel my BirchBox Subscription. 

Ipsy makes you take this quiz about your style, your product love and your complexion colors. So you will only see things in your bag that are targeted for you. Also it comes in a cute little bag each month and is ever changing. 
Bags are much easier to reuse then boxes.
It also includes more affordable products available in many area's besides their site. And it's the same price, $10 a month. 
That sealed the deal for me.

What do you subscribe to, if anything??

Whose your favorite Birchbox or Ipsy??


-J

1 comment:

  1. This is my 2nd month on the ipsy Waitlist. Happy Waiting.

    ReplyDelete