Saturday, May 18, 2013

Taco Popcorn

I'm a snacker.

I can control it, but during movies I have like a subconscious need to snack. 
Popcorn, thats my drug of choice.
Luckily, Fit And Active makes  more health conscious popcorn thats only 200 calories for the whole bag. But let's face it, plain ole popcorn can get mundane.

This is where Taco Popcorn comes into play. I remember my parents making this when I was younger, but the origin of it before that is unknown to me.

I do know its delicious, sounds weird, but delicious.

Taco Popcorn
(375 calories for this recipe)

1 Bag of Light Popcorn (Fit&Active is what I use)
Spray Butter (zero calories!)
1tsp of taco seasoning
1/2 cup light shredded mozzarella 

Preheat over to 350.
Pop popcorn according to package directions.
Cover a baking sheet in tinfoil. Spread popped kernels on sheet leaving out the un-popped pieces. Spray popcorn with spray butter, sprinkle taco seasoning all over popcorn, spread shredded cheese all over.
Bake for 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted.
Enjoy!

(also great with cinnamon instead of taco seasoning and mini marshmallows instead of cheese for a sweeter treat)

This is a nice treat to have with a movie, I had this for my supper tonight while the hubby enjoyed a peanut butter protein shake as we watched our movie. 

So proud of him! He just started making his shake then told me that was his supper for the night! So I was the one left to fend for myself! Ha!

Whats your favorite popcorn toppings?

-J


No comments:

Post a Comment