Friday, January 2, 2015

Staging a Comeback

Testing, testing....is this thing on??


Whoa, this is so long overdue, it's pretty ridiculous on my part. I got consumed with life over the summer and the fall. Short little recap for all ya'll....

In May we moved, July I started a new job, November we moved again, just a house over but stress still involved, December we had a near fatal family emergency and in the mist of that I lost my friend in a car wreck. There has been a lot of chaos and just pure AHHHHHHHH.  I've felt like I've been living in fast forward. When we moved I also had to change gyms and that just got me off my groove. Finally I feel like I'm starting to get back in control of things.... for now. And with new years upon me and felt no reason why blogging shouldn't be part of it. I mean if I'm getting back to my normal I might as well got big right? So I figured here better than anywhere is the perfect place to announce my 2015 resolutions and let them include my gradual come back to blogging and all things social media.

So here we go let's get back to business....

On 1-1-13 I made the resolution to get healthy, to get in shape and run my first 5K. Well by 1-1-14 I had blown that completely out of the water. I'd lost 70lbs almost 6 pant sizes, 3 shirt sizes and a whole hell of a lot of inches. I had completed 5 5K's and placed 2nd in my age group in one, with my best time of 26 minutes. 









Now as 1-1-15 has rolled around again, I have been maintaining my body. Losing weight and maintaining it can be a compete challenge in itself and it has not been easy. I have went up a few pounds, back down a few and back up a few. And by few I mean about 10lbs Ive went back and forth on. But all my "skinny" clothes still fit and I measure that as an overall win for the year.

Now this year I want to be more serious, more dedicated. So my resolutions this year include:

Blogging more
Being helpful in the IG community with fitness and food posts
More dedication in each workout
Sticking to my IIFYM and tracking all day every day
Paying off more bills
Managing my free time better
Losing 15lbs of fat, gaining muscle.
Drop one pant size
Take a vacation
Be more positive

So that is what I got for you. I promise to be more present on here to get back in my old swing, be sure to check up on instagram ( @ms_st4tus ) as I will be posting short break/morning/down time workout ideas and yummy meal ideas- like the old me did! 

I want to hear from you all, right now, what are your goals this year? What do you want to see on hear this year? 

-Jess

18 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you are back and everything is okay! Have missed ya since Resolution Revolution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you are going to start posting again!! Some of my goals this year is to add more strength training to my routine, work on my arms, find some baby abs, continue with iifym (I've started it about 3 months ago), do a boudoir photo shoot in Sept. For my hubby's bday. And lastly spend more one on one time with my two boys. I would love to see food post I always have trouble meeting my protein goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A boudoir shoot is such a great idea some day I hope to do one too but it is all about finding a photographer! Lol good luck with all your goals!!!

      Delete
  3. Glad you're back! My goals are to track everyday even if I know I'll go over my macros. I plan to continue my 13.1 training and complete the sexy sculpt weight training program! I would love to see more posts of your recipes, especially those high in protien! I can get tired of egg whites and protein powder!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Tracking nor matter what makes you accountable! Good luck with your half!!

      Delete
  4. Jessi!!! So glad you are back!!!! I have missed your posts so much!
    First I am so sorry for your loss and all the struggles you have went thru this year. Which explains why you have been MIA.
    Time heals all, and this is exactly what you needed..... TIME.
    I have also had up's and down's this year. I has lost 20pds and we visiting the gym on a daily basis. Until my daughter had a scare with her thyroid. She is ONLY 15 and she has to have the right side of her thyroid removed. Long story short, my fitness and healthy eating was totally put on the back burner, I focused 100% on her. We found out the tumor that was removed was benign (talking about answered prayer--the BEST CHRISTMAS gift ever for me and my family) and I am not like you ready to get back to my fitness and healthy eating. I want to loose fat and gain muscle just like you! I am looking forward to your posts and guess what???? WE GOT THIS!!! :-)
    PLEASE HELP ME STAY FOCUSED AND POSITIVE, I AM A EMOTIONAL EATER AND I HAVE TO REMEMBER, A CHOCOLATE EXTREME BLIZZARD WILL NOT MAKE ME FEEL BETTER.... 20 MIN OF HARDCARE CARDIO ON THE OTHER HAND WILL ROFLMAO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, so glad to know I was missed. I'm sorry about your daughter but glad everything is in the clear now!!!!!we do got this!! feel free to email me if you need anything, good luch girl!

      Delete
  5. Follow you on Bloglovin', so happy to see you back , you were one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy that you're back & can't wait to see posts from you especially food posts. I need ideas for getting back on track!
    Very sorry to hear about your friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to have you back! Sorry about your loss and the tough times you faced in 2014. I look forward to reading your posts again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get it girl!! I wish I had your motivation. You look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you!! You got to make your motivation!

      Delete
  9. I'm a little late to this post but my goal is to brew beer and blog about it. estherdavison@gmail.com (sorry you can't hit reply because I'm a no-reply blogger and I'm done trying to fix that issue.)

    ReplyDelete