Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Winter Blues, Diet Bet's and Pet Car Seats


There is over a foot of snow outside right now. And I'm with Lucy on this one.

Not impressed.

I like snow and all, around Christmas time...now, not so much.


That groundhog made a bad call.

I feel he should refrain his answer.

The hubs thinks we cursed our selves, I mean two days after buying a 4 wheel drive car, we have to battle 12 inches of snow in our tiny FWD car that barely made it out of the driveway.

Oh Irony.

This winter thing is KILLING ME.

It's safe to say that the winter blues have set in on me. I want to run so badly, but I'm SICK of the dreadmill. I want wide open spaces room to make her big mistakes, she needs new faces, she knows the high stakes.  
Woah, Dixie Chicks flashback.

My eating isn't bad but my workouts are suffering. Finding the motivation is just hard right now with the weather being so all over the place. I mean does this make you want to go outside and fight the roads to get to the gym or even get out from under the covers?

I'm getting in small workouts, but I know I could do better, so I guess you can say I'm just disappointed in myself right now.

Im sure I'm not the only one out there suffering from these right now, right?

 I needed a little extra motivation so I decided to help me push myself, 

"Im going to join a Diet Bet!"

And just as luckily Darci or at Strongly Feminine was hosting one!


There is still time to join if you want in! Find her Diet Bet HERE.

For those of you that don't know what a diet bet is, its an online site that you create a group in and your friends or anyone can join in and you pay your bet ($20) and it goes into a pot and then you have usually 4 weeks or a month to lose 4% of your body weight. The pot is divided among the winners. They do a verification of the weigh ins to insure no cheating takes place!


In other news, the hubs and I will be buying a pet car seat.

Yeah you read that right

PET car seat.


Feel free to think I'm crazy. But its needed.

Our furbaby, will fight tooth and nail to avoid going in to the kennel. 
We will be moving across the US, driving for over 20 hours. Not to mention she sheds like a wookie and has a tiny bladder.

No Bueano.



With out any restraint she moves all over the place like a crazy child. I just don't want anything torn up in the new car and most importantly I don't want her hurt.

The hubs thinks I'm a little bit of a crazy dog lady, but he knows that something needs to be done for her for traveling purposes...


Go ahead and judge, but she'll still be getting a car seat. 

How are you fighting the winter blues?
How does your pet travel?

Have a safe and Happy HUMP day!

-J






7 comments:

  1. Ugh it's -13 degrees here right now and we have about a foot of snow too! I am SO over winter- bring on spring and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in southern California. Last week it was 80, but this week it was down to 60, and that definitely feels like winter for us. I know, I know, we're such babies.
    I wouldn't make fun of you for that car seat though...I take my dog to doggie daycare once a week, so there ya go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dog has a harness that buckles into the back seat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We moved our cats from midwest-to-Texas and back. On the way down we just did leashes (umm, no they escaped from those in 2 seconds) and on the way back carriers. Sometimes they will be happy with an open top box, which gives them a sense of containment/comfort but they can still see you well - a lot like the seat design you picked out. So many things to plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly how you feel! This winter is killing me! It makes me just want to sit on the couch in my sweats under my snuggie! Ha! Yay for joining the DietBet! I think I'm going to try to host one the next 2-3 months because I have a big "event" coming in May that I gotta be HAWT for! :-) XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ughh I know how you feel as well! We've had a horrible winter here in Michigan. The last 3 winters have been mild and this year we keep getting slammed! We're under a windchill advisory until tomorrow with temps -15 to -25. My motivation is definitely slacking, but I started T25 this week to help me get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before. dog carrier and car seat

    ReplyDelete