Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lets get some SHOES


Im not one to normally gush over running shoes, BUT oh my goodness, I am in LOVE. Here are my new little gems:



These are my Asics Gel Noosa Tri 8's.

Coolest part? They glow in the dark! Yeah you heard me right!! GLOW!

So back to why I'm so incredibly ecstatic about these puppies! As Im newer to the running world (training to run my first 5K) I've been going hard on the treadmill at least 3 times a week, and I finally had to come to turns with the fact that my pretty pink Under Armour shoes just weren't cutting it anymore. I had long out ran the padding in them and the support was non-existent. So I polled my friends on Facebook about their favorite running shoes, and over and over again people kept telling me about a place called the Running Company (Salina & Manhattan Kansas and a place in Nebraska). Whats so special about this place? Well they scan your feet and then have you jog a few seconds on a treadmill equipped with a foot camera and then they review all the data and tell you what type of shoe is best for your foot. Totally Awesome and the process only took about 10 mintes at the most! Then I was directed to a section of the store with color coded shoe selections with the most padded shoes on the top shelf all the way down to least padding on the lowest shelf. With in a split second of glancing over my color my eyes were immediately drawn to these beauties! and they are a medium range of cushion. I threw them on walked, jog and jumped around and knew they were my new mates. So for $130 i was out the door. I usually don't like to pay that much for shoes but I had to remind myself that you pay for quality and after wearing them for almost two weeks now, I know I got my moneys worth! They are super supportive, majorly cushiony and they have a great air flow so my feet never sweat! Its safe to say I'm in love.

- J 

No comments:

Post a Comment