Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Protein Finds and Miss Ava

Surprised to see me back again?

Get used to it.

This week is already crazy! Ugh. Work picked up big time and I'm in the midst of a move because of a promotion, so I'm just kinda hanging out in no where land waiting for some direction.

A group of us a work do 5K's together. Five - eight of us depending on the availability and one of the gals two kids do it too, it's really great to do it together but still individually. There are a few of us that run and a few that walk, but we all do it for the cause that its funding. Saturday we did the Race Against The Odds in Salina Kansas. It is focused on raising money for childhood cancer research. The local Charity was Love, Chloe Foundation who was started by a local mom who lost her sweet daughter Chloe to childhood cancer, she also started the The Monkey In My Chair Program that helps keep the kids who are battling cancer in touch with their classmates while in treatment. These charities locally have went big time and spread across the world helping many more families out there. They teamed up with The Cure Starts Now and put on an amazing 5K and 1 mile fun run. The race also had a local ambassador, miss Ava. Ava was your average adorable little girl, except she was anything but average. Ava is battling cancer as well but she was full of energy in a colorful tutu and blinged out sneakers with her name on them. She is a superhero if you ask me. I cannot even begin to fathom what it would be like to be so young and know so much pain, struggle and be so familiar with hospitals. Life isn't fair, but childhood cancer goes far beyond unfair, it just isn't right. It really hurts my heart to see so many struggling, winning and losing battles. When they introduced Ava at the beginning of the race and had a moment for those who had left their earthly home, I got choked up and chills. 



The race began, I hadn't trained outside of my normal 4 days a week cardio and 6 days a week lifting. The course was filled with curves, hills, mixed terrains and the heavy Kansas summer air, there was one moment where I wanted to take a second and walk, but I couldn't my legs just wouldn't stop moving forward. I finished the race with my second fastest time of 26:32, my legs hurt, my lungs hurt and I was beat, but I couldn't help but feel good that I got to be a part of this. That this race was bigger than a race but it was people coming together to donate towards a great cause. That made the race amazing. Don't get me wrong I am STOKED that I got third place in my age group, but it also humbled you to see all the families there who benefited from the foundations.

I spent the rest of the day shopping with my mom and my niece, I ended up racking up boocooo steps and walking over 11 miles. I had some snacks and my foods with my but it wasn't actually cheat day so I did have to stay within my macros. My go to is Subway because I use this awesome Nutritionix calculator to see what the sandwich is.




I ended up eating there twice but paired with the protein packed snacks I brought, still I had room for some Artic Zero Cookie Shake, fat free cool whip and Jiff Powdered Peanut butter. My day was good!

Speaking of powdered pb... I found this gem Saturday at Walmart

Between this and PB2 there are a few differences, and this one actually had a better flavor when mixed into things.

It was like a protein adventure on Saturday, I found these new drinks 

I'm having one of these today and well I hope it lives up to my expectations of deliciousness.


The Bargain hunter in me had a hard hard time passing up this deal...I mean 275 pieces for only $4.75... Ugh...maybe next time Tootsie..maybe next time.


I had a mind blowing Non Scale Victory for myself.
For the first time in well.. ever I walked into a store, saw an outfit on a mannequin, asked the store clerk for all the pieces and when I put it on, it still looked good! This "perfect" (i use that term lightly) figured mannequins outfit look awesome on me too! I just couldn't believe it and I felt like a million bucks today when I wore, Hello self confidence boost!


My Weight has been staying about the same, but my body is changing shapes and exchanging fat for muscle. I can't say I don't like it, because well I love it!

Off to crush a leg day, how was your weekend?

-J















2 comments:

  1. I love that outfit on you!! I'm looking forward to the day that I can walk into a store and ask for the pieces on the mannequin and have even half a chance of the outfit looking good on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That outfit - as the kids would say - is totes adorbs! :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete