Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Garden Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta

Happy Tuesday! So again I've been experimenting with recipes. I've really been wanting to do something with all the fresh stuff coming out of the garden. Pasta has always been one of my weak spots. I saw this Ronzoni pasta the other day and I felt that it would be a good substitute. So this is what I threw together and came up with, and I would deem it a success! 




Garden Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta
2 Servings

1 1/2 cup Ronzoni Garden Delight Pasta
6 TBSP Fresh Chopped Basil
24 Grape Tomatoes 
1/4 Cup fresh chopped white onion
1/4 Cup fresh chopped green onion 
8 oz of Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breast Strips
Water
Spray butter, Pam or Ghee

First cook your pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.

In a skillet lightly coated with spray butter, pam or ghee (I used Spray Butter) over medium high heat, place tomatoes, basil, and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes uncovered. Add enough water to cover the base of the skillet and cover. Cook about 10 more minutes, at this point you should be able to take a spoon and crush the tomatoes. Cover and cook for about 5 more minutes. Add chicken. Cook until chicken is done, add pasta and stir to all is mixed.

Makes two servings and is delish healthy and super easy. The picture up there is actually one serving. The hub was skeptical of it, so I made mine and then he wanted some. I forgot to take an after picture because it was too good looking and it was already gone before I thought about it.

Amount Per Serving
  Calories354.8
  Total Fat3.7 g
     Saturated Fat0.7 g
     Polyunsaturated Fat0.0 g
      Monounsaturated Fat1.3 g
  Cholesterol66.7 mg
  Sodium641.7 mg
  Potassium0.0 mg
  Total Carbohydrate48.3 g
     Dietary Fiber4.5 g
     Sugars5.5 g
  Protein35.0 g


What do you like to make with fresh garden foods?
-J

2 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty dang amazing! I may have to try this & instead of the tomatoes, do sugar snap peas & green beans. Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can add any veggies you could imagine. I used the tomatoes to create a "sauce"

      Delete